There are many types of sports people place their bet on, especially sports bettors and one of which is soccer. Soccer is one of the fastest-growing industries. The popularity of soccer has grown significantly, that soccer bettors need to keep track of soccer match analysis (วิเคราะห์ บอล, term in Thai). An analysis pertains to how well the team will most likely perform in the coming match. Some sports bettors don’t pay much attention to performance analysis, but you will most likely consider all essential factors if you are a smart bettor. Performance analysis is something that should not be taken for granted as it offers the following advantages:
- It anticipates the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition through a thorough analysis of the opposition’s performance.
- Thorough performance analysis helps coaches make an informed decision on crucial choices, including squad selection, to improve the team’s strengths further and target the opponent’s weaknesses.
What are the scope of performance analysis in soccer?
- Technical Analysis – It pertains to the effectiveness of athletes in performing skills that could take the game to new heights. It includes the ratio of successfully performed skills, tackling success, and percentage pass completion. The result of the Analysis will be used to profile players according to performance.
- Tactical Analysis – Coaches use it to understand the impact of tactical decisions thoroughly. More so, tactical Analysis helps in identifying particular tendencies and preferred tactical scenarios by the rival team. It uses the recent video analysis to assess the play patterns of the team and the opponent. It includes evaluating the player’s location on the field, the skills of the players during the game, and the players involved in a particular team. It is more of analyzing a particular game scenario and planning the best approach to combat the opponent.
- Physiological Analysis pertains to players’ performance in the physical setting, such as the player’s position in the game, speed range, velocity, and distance covered. It is an analysis report that includes close coordination to the strength and conditioning team. The physiological performance of the team is analyzed to help players achieve optimal physical conditioning, especially improvement in strength, endurance, power, stability, mobility, and agility. It also minimizes the possibility of sports-related injury, which can be highly beneficial to players and the team as a whole.
- Psychological Analysis – A thorough analysis should also include the psychological department. Players’ mental health and well-being can significantly affect their performance. Players should be mentally and emotionally prepared so they can face head-on any challenges that they may encounter during the game.
Soccer has millions of fans from different parts of the world; making soccer matches a multi-million dollar industry. For soccer enthusiasts, soccer match analysis plays a huge role in determining the team’s performance and the game’s outcome as a whole. Teams, especially the coaching and conditioning department, perform a thorough analysis to assess the player and the team’s readiness. The result of the Analysis will help them come up with an informed decision.